In today’s evolving digital technology world, augmented reality advertising is taking over as a breakthrough tool transforming how brands and companies connect with their customers.
In this guide, we shall look at the intricacies of AR advertising, its growth trajectory, and its potential to shape the future of digital marketing.
Penetration of Augmented Reality in Marketing
Today’s advertising is rapidly changing, driven by technological changes, consumer behavior, and competition. Advertising now is more about selling experience rather than selling products. Every brand wants to give its audience a more immersive experience using the latest technology, such as Augmented Reality.
The future of augmented reality advertising is very promising. AR technology allows marketers to create interactive experiences that bridge the gap between the physical and digital worlds. Such presents a unique and engaging way to showcase products and services.
Here are some ways of how AR is poised to change digital marketing;
- Enhanced product experiences: AR now allows customers to try on products virtually and see them in different environments. Such technology allows them to interact in ways that were previously impossible. Brands can provide a more immersive and engaging experience to their customers.
- Increased Engagement: AR makes it possible for marketing campaigns to be more engaging. The technology provides interactive content that captures people’s attention and encourages massive sharing.
- Personalization: AR technology is being used to provide a more personalized experience to each customer, based on the customer’s interests and preferences. Such personalization allows for the creation of deeper and more meaningful connections between brands and their customers.
- Improved customer service: AR provides real-time assistance to customers and helps them to find answers to products they need, quicker. Data collected on customer preferences can be used to improve marketing campaigns and product development.
Industries Adopting AR in Their Advertising and Marketing Campaigns
Social media companies such as Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok have set a milestone in the use of augmented reality advertising in the consumer sector. Numerous inventions, including new lenses, continue to attract customers’ attention.
It’s not only social media companies that have implemented AR. Gaming and eCommerce companies have not been left behind. Pokemon Go – one of the most famous augmented reality (AR) apps, reached more than 600 million downloads, to reach the pinnacle of AR gaming.
The eCommerce sector is racing fast towards the adoption of AR. Furniture apps such as Ikea and Wayfair incorporate AR to deliver better customer experiences.
Many brands are using augmented reality advertising to enhance their marketing efforts and create a unique experience for their customers. Here are some examples of brands using AR:
- Nike: Nike’s SNKRS app uses AR to let customers virtually try on their sneakers and see how they look on their feet.
- Pepsi: Pepsi created an AR experience that lets customers interact with a virtual vending machine and win prizes.
- IKEA: IKEA’s Place app uses AR to let customers see how furniture would look like in their homes before making a purchase.
- L’Oreal: L’Oreal’s Makeup Genius app uses AR to let customers virtually try on makeup and see how it would look like on their face.
- Coca–Cola: Coca-Cola used AR to create a virtual soccer game that customers could play using their smartphone.
- Snapchat: Snapchat uses AR to create fun filters that overlay on users’ faces, providing a unique and entertaining experience.
Practical Ways to Implement Augmented Reality Advertising
Mobile has become one of the most significant media types through which consumers interact with brands and make purchases. Here are some ways in which brands can leverage mobile to bring AR experience to their marketing drive;
1. Let customers try before they buy
Potential customers will always want to try products before making a purchase. Cosmetic samples, fitting rooms, auto test drives, and many other related concepts will testify to the effectiveness of this sales strategy.
Augmented shopping experiences can present a very big advantage for brands that want customers to try their products before making a purchase.
2. Augmented Touring and Assistance
AR offers the potential for businesses to add a digital component on top of their physical locations. Customers can now scan a product to get AR experience either additional information or product experience.
An example is how ticket sales company StubHub created an augmented reality app, which allowed users to view a 3D display of the stadium where the Super Bowl was played.
3. Augment Branding Materials
AR can bring branding materials such as business cards and brochures to the next level, by adding some virtual components. Users can scan printed materials with their mobile devices to access a range of features that give them more information about a product or experience. Business cards can use AR to present a variety of contact options that will allow the user to get in touch with a single click
4. Leverage AR for B2B
AR stands to transform the B2B space in various ways. One of the most significant areas in which AR can improve B2B sales is in creating dynamic sales presentation material.
AR sales tools can allow customers to see and interact with products in as detailed a way as they desire, and with more granularity.
By bringing the product into the meeting room, augmented reality allows customers greater access to the information they need to decide.
The future looks bright. Augmented reality continues to advance in mainstream advertising, and Augmented reality form factors and hardware development are allowing customers to become more active participants in advertising campaigns.
The technology is being used to deliver attention-grabbing, engaging, and memorable interactions. Those who harness the full use of AR will benefit from increased brand awareness, ultimately leading to higher conversions and growth.
As augmented reality becomes more embedded in digital marketing, consumers will get used to seeing AR ads, just as we are getting accustomed to talking to chatbots. Visual commerce is poised to grow, and more brands will be involved.
With time, the novelty will surely wear off, and augmented reality and augmented reality advertising will be something the world uses to experience shopping in a normal, everyday way.
You Might Also Like